Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mutant facial hair


So the other day I was washing my face. I felt something very brisk on the left side of my face just above my jaw line hafway between my lips and ear. I took a closer look in the mirror and couldn't believe what I was looking at. I grabbed my tweezers and pulled and out came the thickest hair I have seen growing on my body. Ordinarily I consider myself blessed that I have thick hair and do not have to worry about balding, but this was just simply abnormal. Can you believe the size of that hair?

Check out the comparative size of a hir plucked from my head.

5 comments:

Zaak said...

Bravo! Did the thick hair happen to be growing out of a mole? Power to ya!

Amber said...

Again Mike, I'm sorry but my comment has to be "Poor Bev." Oh and I can comisserate with her, you and Zaak are a lot alike in your fascination with bodily eccentricities

Anonymous said...

I have a friend who is an artist and would probably find this and the spring cleaning post quite interesting. She posted the photo of an ear cone (candle wicking) from her husband ear once and her more recent post of a huge hair ball in the street is quite disturbing. I am getting a stomach for this stuff between her posts and Zaak's

G. I. Poo said...

I've pulled out worse than that (unfortunately).
Just this morning I yanked out a pinch of nostril hairs and one of them was at least as thick as that whisker and three times as long. Very disturbing.

I once tweezered out a long, THING from my chin. I can't even say if it was a whisker, it was black and cylindrical, but kind of soft. After being out in the open for a while it sort of dried up. I still have no idea what it was.

The Carrot said...

I have experienced exactly the same thing! I removed 3 of these black "sticks" from my chin around 7 months ago, then recently another one got plucked out as I was shaving!

The last one was incredibly solid and hard.

I've posted a full account on my blog, and used your photo as a visual since it looks exactly the same as mine: http://www.carrotblog.co.uk/