Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Social utilities are from the devil

So, the other day a good friend tells me about this thing called Facebook. She tells my its like Myspace but better. Personally, I'm not into things like this because I think its a waste of time. But, being a youth pastor she tells me it would be a great way to keep in touch with the youth of my church. So I'm like, okay I'll check it out. I did. It's called a social uitility and it allows you to keep in touch with friends and make new ones and all that kind of stuff. I got hooked up and now I can't stop checking this thing out. It's wasting my time, but the good thing is I'm hooking up with old friends that I haven't seen or heard from in ages.

I'm thinking with the time I've wasted I could've like read a book or something. I could've watched a movie. I coud be learning to master Final Cut Express. I could've washed the dishes (which I better do before Bev gets back because I wouldn't want her thinking that all I do is play on the computer).

Social Utility my foot. More like mind numbing brain deadening utility.

6 comments:

Sistah Girl said...

and so incredibly addicting. Welcome.

much-ado said...

Ain' that the truth. Although, I'm seriously concerned about the privacy thing. These guys at facebook can easily get into your email account.

Sistah Girl said...

it was tested and proved that facebook is actually one of the most secure friend sites out there. A company tried for over 30 hours to hack into facebook with no luck. So i don't think you have to worry about that. On the other hand- Myspace... well watch out now. Hacker's paradise.

Anonymous said...

I find the same thing with blogging. Having started and made a dip in my time, but I am still getting lots done. I am just not reading the paper as much or doing as much Suduko.

Anonymous said...

you could have read a vocabulary book and stopped saying "like" with everything

much-ado said...

"like" true dat dog