Monday, April 23, 2007

I'm not mom

This past weekend I was a single daddy while my wife had to tend to some business. It was among the hardest times of my life. I had to take care of my kids all by myself. It is incredibly hard work. How my wife is able to stay sane while mothering I don't know. I do know I have come to respect my wife even more than I do now. I truly believe that the hardest job in this world is being a mother.

This is what my wife does, she takes care of the kids, she clothes them, she feeds them, she educates them, she entertains them. In the midst of all this she cooks, she cleans, she runs this house, and she remains in tact. Meanwhile, my goal with the kids is that they stay fed and alive while I am taking care of them. Getting dressed for the day is optional.

So lets talk battle of the sexes...women win hands down, no contest. They are better than men. Perhaps that's why God created them second. Man was the prototype but the woman was the complete product.

3 comments:

Zaak said...

Dude, that was early man... big jaw, big forehead, hair on his nose...

Men are superior because they get the women to do all that work for them! Sure women are stronger, better are doing ten things at the same time, prettier... but dude! Who is going to win in a Sudoku race? Come on!

Amber said...

Who's this Zaak punk???

Mike - what a sweet tribute to Bev, I hope she read it and was touched. And from what I've seen you're a great dad too, so together you and bev are an awesome team:)

Oh and of course women are superior:)

Anonymous said...

Men and women each have their strengths, and sometimes they cross. So Zaak, I wouldn't be too sure about that last one. I am definitely sure you are completely wrong about the other thing and correct about the neandrethal thing.