Sunday, April 15, 2007

It's finally spring I think

So this morning I spent time outside cleaning my front yard. To me that's definitely an indication that spring is here. It was somewhat strange raking and and clearing the detritus from last year because there was still patches of snow and ice on the grass.

I think I'm beginning to understand this concept of spring cleaning. I never really understood it. Why is this season so important that we have to totally upheave the house and clean everything from the inside to the outside. As a child I hated it...it was a disturbance to my life and my routine. I probably hated it more because my mother was an absolute nazi about the whole spring cleaning thing.

Anyways, as I was cleaning the yard, what made sense to me was that I wanted to do this to break the monotony of what winter is and let new life flourish. Remove the ice and snow of winter and let the grass and flowers of spring grow.

No comments: